Terms & Conditions
By purchasing any product/s from Swinburne Bookshop (“Swinburne Bookshop or bookshop.swin.edu.au") or using this website the customer or website user agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Site Access: Swinburne Bookshop gives you permission to access, view and download the content appearing on this site, for personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to use any device, method or software to interfere with the proper functioning of this site. Without the expressed written permission of Swinburne Bookshop, you may not use any device, method or software including, but not limited to: spiders, robots, avatars, agents, data mining, gathering or extraction tools and attempts to probe, scan or test or breach security and authentication measures.
Copyright & Trademarks: You agree that the content you access, view or download and the software used to create it, remains the property of Swinburne Bookshop as defined by Australian and International Intellectual Property Laws, including but not limited to Copyright and Trademark laws. You agree not to modify or alter the content in any way, or make it available to any third parties.
- GST: All prices listed on bookshop.swin.edu.au are inclusive of GST.
- Sale Periods and Sale Items:
- In-Store discounts: during promotional periods, discounts on sale items will apply at the registers. Please choose carefully, as sale items are not refundable, can not be returned or exchanged.
- Discounts only apply on full-priced items, not applicable on already reduced or NETT priced items.
- Discounts cannot be given in conjunction with any other discount offer.
- Refunds: Refunds for damaged and faulty goods will be given in accordance to the Consumer Law.
- Refunds for incorrect and change of mind purchases will be given at the discretion of Bookshop management. All requests for cash refunds must be made within 5 working days from the date of purchase, returning item must be in a re-saleable condition and with proof of purchase. Claims made after 5 working days will be given a credit note or an option to exchange.
- Swinburne Bookshop reserves the right to reject returns for “change of mind” purchases
- Clothing returns: Claims for ALL clothing deemed damaged or faulty must be made within 5 days from date of purchase with proof of purchase. The returning items must be in clean, unworn, unwash, free of stains & odour and in re-saleable conditions. Returns beyond the allowable days (5 working days) / ‘Change of mind’ purchases and worn & washed merchandise will not be accepted for refunds or exchange.
- Gift Vouchers: Swinburne bookshop issued Gift Vouchers are redeemable in-store and online. Gift Voucher is not a credit/debit card, has no implied warranties and not exchangeable for cash. Swinburne Bookshop Co-operative is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged gift vouchers. Gift vouchers issued for promotional or campus events purposes are valid for 12 months from date of issue. All other vouchers are valid from date of issue in accordance to Consumer Law.
- Faulty Items: Refunds or exchanges will be given on faulty items in accordance to the Consumer Law if the bookshop is notified within 5 working days, and with proof of purchase. Refunds can only be processed to the same payment method of original purchase.
- Addressing: If a product is found to be incorrectly addressed by Swinburne Bookshop then Swinburne Bookshop shall be responsible for the re-delivery, replacement or refunding of the product. If the Customer is found to have provided an incorrect or insufficient address details, then Swinburne Bookshop will not refund or resend the product and all responsibility for correcting delivery will be borne by the Customer. Swinburne Bookshop is not responsible for Australia Post delivery errors. Items lost due to a third party's action/inaction will not be replaced by the Bookshop.
- Cancelling Orders: Swinburne Bookshop reserves the right to cancel orders that we believe to be fraudulent; constitute a misuse; promotional or marketing activity or where an error has occurred including but not limited to errors relating to pricing. Telephone & Online Orders: Swinburne Bookshop will make necessary attempts to contact online customers if payment processes were not completed or finalised at “check-out”, all non-payment will be cancelled if payments are not received within 3 days from date orders were placed. Special Orders: We Endeavor to fulfil customer special orders for products we don’t currently have in stock, and in return, we request full payment or 50% deposit to the value of item/s ordered. Items ordered in on special request will be held for 14 days only, after which the order will be cancelled and any monies paid will be forfeited.
- Stock Availability: In order to provide the greatest range of products, you understand that Swinburne Bookshop does not stock all products listed on this site in a single warehouse. The product availability information is provided by a number of third party suppliers. Swinburne Bookshop works with these third-parties to ensure inventory information is as accurate as possible however stock update delays and some errors & omissions may occur. From time to time, goods delivered may differ from the product images presented on this site, you have the option to return the item for an exchange within 5 working days.
- Out of Stock Items: Swinburne Bookshop will make necessary attempts to inform customers of items ordered are out of stock and will offer alternative product options. Prices on out of stock items at the time orders are placed may vary due to supplier price differences, therefore we cannot guarantee that the same item ordered can be sourced at the same price. However we will make necessary attempts to update customers with new prices prior to special orders are made.
- Delivery Estimate: Swinburne Bookshop makes every effort practical to ensure that delivery timeframes given are accurate. However the delivery times stated for products on this site assume that the stock availability information provided by our suppliers is accurate and that delivery times are not adversely affected by unforeseen events. By placing an order, you agree not to hold Swinburne Bookshop liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame. Delivery estimates are based on current Australia Post delivery schedules, it is adviceable that you continue to check & track your parcel on the Australia Post website for updates.
- Software Warranty: All software sold by Swinburne Bookshop is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement of that software. The Customer acknowledges its obligations to abide by such license agreements. The Customer acknowledges that Swinburne Bookshop does not warrant any software under these Terms and Conditions. All software is warranted in accordance with the license agreement that governs its use.
- Limitation of Liability: The Customer shall indemnify Swinburne Bookshop against any loss of or damage to property or for data or software which is lost, corrupted, deleted or altered. Swinburne Bookshop shall not be liable to the Customer for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the purchase, use or performance of products or services, even if Swinburne Bookshop has been advised of their possibility. In no case shall the maximum liability exceed the cost of the original order.
- We value your privacy: Swinburne Bookshop Co-Operative acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals. We advise that information you may be asked to provide, or have provided to the Swinburne Bookshop both in-store, online or through our website is “personal information”. As a general rule, personal information is not released by the Swinburne Bookshop to other organisations, except in response to legal requirements. Information regarding an individual will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s consent, except where the third party is directly acting as our agent.
- Why do we collect your information when you sign up membership: This information is collected for the primary purpose of processing your co-op membership, which may be accessed and utilised by bookshop management and staff in the course of their employment. Information we collect may be used to communicate with you including information such as upcoming events, product promotions, in-store and online sales. We may also use your data to regularly provide updates to you on our products, services, and events from our existing and new range of services that might be of interest to you. We may also access your personal information including information deemed sensitive and personal to you in order to protect our web pages and to trace unauthorised access. We will at all times ensure your personal data will not be sold to the third party.
- Security: Swinburne Bookshop Co-Operative uses and implements industry standards for the security and protection of information collected. This information is securely stored and access is restricted to authorised personnel only, ensuring your personal information is protected and safeguarded.
The information contained on the Swinburne Bookshop website (bookshop.swin.edu.au) may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Swinburne Bookshop howsoever arising for inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Swinburne Bookshop does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any opinion, information, advice, representation or omission contained on this web site.