Terms & Conditions
By purchasing any product/s from Swinburne Bookshop (“Swinburne Bookshop or bookshop.swin.edu.au") or using this website the customer or website user agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Site Access: Swinburne Bookshop gives you permission to access, view and download the content appearing on this site, for personal, non-commercial use only. You agree not to use any device, method or software to interfere with the proper functioning of this site. Without the expressed written permission of Swinburne Bookshop, you may not use any device, method or software including, but not limited to: spiders, robots, avatars, agents, data mining, gathering or extraction tools and attempts to probe, scan or test or breach security and authentication measures.
- Copyright & Trademarks: You agree that the content you access, view or download and the software used to create it, remains the property of Swinburne Bookshop as defined by Australian and International Intellectual Property Laws, including but not limited to Copyright and Trademark laws. You agree not to modify or alter the content in any way, or make it available to any third parties.
- GST: All prices listed on bookshop.swin.edu.au are inclusive of GST.
- Refunds: Refunds will be given at the discretion of company management and in compliance with consumer law.
- Addressing: If a product is found to be incorrectly addressed by Swinburne Bookshop then Swinburne Bookshop shall be responsible for the re-delivery, replacement or refunding of the product. If the Customer is found to have provided an incorrect or insufficient address details, then Swinburne Bookshop will not refund or resend the product and all responsibility for correcting delivery will be borne by the Customer.
- Cancelling Orders: Swinburne Bookshop reserves the right to cancel orders that we believe to be fraudulent or constitute a misuse or a promotional or marketing activity or where an error has occurred including but not limited to errors relating to pricing.
- Stock Availability: In order to provide the greatest range of products, you understand that Swinburne Bookshop does not stock all products listed on this site in a single warehouse. Product availability information is provided by a number of third party suppliers. Swinburne Bookshop works with these third-parties to ensure this information is as accurate as possible however some errors and omissions may occur. Goods delivered may differ to the product images presented on this site.
- Out of stock items: Prices on items not in stock at the time orders are placed may change due to supplier increases.
Out of stock items listed on our site may have been there for a considerable period since the last time we ordered them at the listed RRP, so we cannot guarentee that we can source the item at that displayed price.
- Delivery Estimates: Swinburne Bookshop makes every effort practical to ensure that delivery timeframes given are accurate. However the delivery times stated for products on this site assume that the stock availability information provided by our suppliers is accurate and that delivery times are not adversely affected by unforeseen events. By placing an order, you agree not to hold Swinburne Bookshop liable for any loss or damage directly or indirectly arising out of or in connection with any delay or failure to deliver within the estimated time frame.
- Software Warranty: All software sold by Swinburne Bookshop is subject to the terms and conditions of the license agreement of that software. The Customer acknowledges their obligations to abide by such license agreements. The Customer acknowledges that Swinburne Bookshop does not warrant any software under these Terms and Conditions. All software is warranted in accordance with the license agreement that governs its use.
- Limitation of Liability: The Customer shall indemnify Swinburne Bookshop against any loss of or damage to property or for data or software which is lost, corrupted, deleted or altered. Swinburne Bookshop shall not be liable to the Customer for any incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the purchase, use or performance of products or services, even if Swinburne Bookshop has been advised of their possibility. In no case shall the maximum liability exceed the cost of the original order.
The information contained on the Swinburne Bookshop website (bookshop.swin.edu.au) may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. All liability of Swinburne Bookshop howsoever arising for inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Swinburne Bookshop does not accept any liability for any loss or damage which may directly or indirectly result from any opinion, information, advice, representation or omission contained on this web site.